Create Mat View uses DEFAULT TABLESPACE for temp segments?

From: Thomas Jeff <ThomasJe_at_tce.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 06:04:11 -0800

This is 8.1.7.4 on AIX 4.3.3. When I try to create a materialized view in
the specified tablespace, I hit the following error. Is this a behavior of
the create materialized view statement, to create temp segments in the user's
default tablespace, and not use the target tablespace? I've double-checked all ts quotas and appropriate privs. Changing the user's default tablespace to the target tablespace works of course. Or am I missing something blatantly obvious here?

SQL> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW tcs_ord_hist_mv   2 TABLESPACE TCS_MD_DT01
  3 BUILD IMMEDIATE
  4 REFRESH ON DEMAND
  5 ENABLE QUERY REWRITE
  6 AS

  7     SELECT customer_number,
  8            product_number,
  9            SUM(order_quantity)  history_ordered_qty
 10       FROM tcs.tcs_order_history
 11      GROUP BY customer_number, product_number
 12  /
     FROM tcs.tcs_order_history
              *

ERROR at line 10:
ORA-01630: max # extents (505) reached in temp segment in tablespace USERS

Jeffery D Thomas
DBA
Thomson Information Services
Thomson, Inc.

Email: jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net

Indy DBA Master Documentation available at: http://gkmqp.tce.com/tis_dba
Select 'Indy DBA' then 'DBA Web Pages'

Author: Thomas Jeff
  INET: ThomasJe_at_tce.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 08:04:11 CST