Re: No logging question

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:04:32 -0800

As I've said before. I love that parameter just because it's so dangerous - and personally I've lost two or three databases while having it set.

Rock'n'roll.

Yep, it helps. But what you really want is not possible - I think. I think you want to be able to specify "alter table x disable logging", etc. and thereby avoid redo stuff pertaining (spelling?) to that table. That's what I hoped for when I first saw the syntax for 8: Alter Index/Alter Table/Alter Tablespace/Alter Partition... disable logging;". Unfortunately it only meant that it would do less redo stuff when direct IO stuff was done to the objects.

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_miracleas.dk