Re: email out of oracle

From: <babu.nagarajan_at_Cummins.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:59:20 -0800

$> oerr ora 29540
29540, 00000, "class %s does not exist"
// *Cause: Java method execution failed to find a class with the indicated name.
// *Action: Correct the name or add the missing Java class.

Looks like you are missing some Java Class... Do you actually get the email it sends?

Also if you get the SQLERRM you might get the name of the class

Babu

                      "Leonard, George"
                      <george.leonard_at_f        To:       Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      arnell.com>              cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  email out of oracle
                      root_at_fatcity.com

                      01/07/03 11:13 AM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Hi there

Trying to email out from Oracle.

Utl_smtp is installed, executing procedure currently as a DBA. This sun Machine does send email notifications out via the crontab to me so I know I can send email via the exchange smtp server.

Problem, Email packages execute, if I do a print I see code SQL> print

        NP

    -29540

Package executed with following command:

var np number;
exec send_mail('leonardg_at_farnellcomponents.co.uk', 'leonardg_at_farnellcomponents.co.uk', 'testmsg', :np);

Below is the code of the send_mail package, can anyone see the problem or know what this error code means.

Thx George

System

Oracle 8.1.6.3 EE 32 Bit
Solaris 2.6

--

BEGIN
    nStatus := 0;

    utl_smtp.helo(mail_conn, mailhost);
    utl_smtp.mail(mail_conn, sender);
    utl_smtp.rcpt(mail_conn, recipient);

    utl_smtp.data(mail_conn, message);
    utl_smtp.quit(mail_conn);
EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS THEN
        nStatus := SQLCODE;
END send_mail;
/

George

George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
Dimension Data (Pty) Ltd
(Reg. No. 1987/006597/07)
Cell: (+27) 82 655 2466
Tel: (+27 11) 575 0573
Fax: (+27 11) 576 0573
E-mail:george.leonard_at_za.didata.com
Web: http://www.didata.co.za

You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a Person You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity! Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk, Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!

Von: Hately, Mike (NESL-IT) [mailto:Mike.Hately_at_npowernorthern.com] Gesendet: Montag, 6. Januar 2003 18:04
An: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Betreff: RE: Unix for oracle dba -- Suggest a book ?

If you want to understand how Oracle uses Unix get a copy of James Morle's "Scaling Oracle".
It's not a beginner's Unix book but it's accurate and detailed.

regards,
Mike Hately

Author: James Damiano
  INET: jadam_at_nhes.state.nh.us

  INET: Brian_P_MacLean_at_eFunds.Com

Author: Hately, Mike (NESL-IT)
  INET: Mike.Hately_at_npowernorthern.com

Author: Stefan Jahnke
  INET: Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de

Author: Leonard, George
  INET: george.leonard_at_farnell.com

This e-mail transmission and any attachments to it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, your use, forwarding, printing, storing, disseminating, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.

  INET: babu.nagarajan_at_Cummins.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 07 2003 - 10:59:20 CST