RE: Database/system Crashing

From: Webber Valerie H <Valerie.H.Webber_at_irs.gov>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:34:11 -0800

Well I relocated the background dest files and I got the following error... that was a great idea!

ORA-00206: error in writing (block 3, # blocks 1) of controlfile
ORA-00202: controlfile: '/u04/oradata/ERCS/ora_control2'
ORA-27063: Message 27063 not found;  product=RDBMS; facility=ORA
SVR4 Error: 5: I/O error
Additional information: -1
Additional information: 2048
error 221 detected in background process

The SA's think its a data block corruption. If anyone has any additional information, it will be greatly appreciated. At least now I know why the database crashed to begin with. Now the SA's just have to figure out how to fix it.

Thanks for all the help!!
Val

Author: Webber Valerie H
  INET: Valerie.H.Webber_at_irs.gov