RE: Linux and Oracle Cluster File System

From: Richard Ji <richard.ji_at_mobilespring.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:00:00 -0800

Jos,

Yes, you are right that if you use OCFS then you can just have one mount point and create all
data files under it, because OCFS is a file system. It makes it a lot easier to manage space
and you can use commands like: cp, mv, rm etc which you can't do to a raw partition.
Backup on OCFS is also easier than using raw.

Richard Ji

Author: Richard Ji
  INET: richard.ji_at_mobilespring.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 07 2003 - 10:00:00 CST