RE: ORA-00600: [2662]

From: mantfield <mantfield_at_connexus.net.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:08:43 -0800

Sinardy

ORA-0600 is really an encoded message from Oracle that reads :

'Thank you for helping find yet another bug in our software. You can now release your sphincter (some herbal tea might help), especially if this has cropped up in production. We suggest you do not try to solve this one by yourself, which is why the arguments are supplied. Kindly call OWWS with your CSI number, tell them exactly which version and platform you ran this on, and if we have encountered this previously, there is a small chance that we could have a patch. If not, please do not hold your breath waiting, while we assign this to an experienced software engineer, or perhaps a recent college grad, in which case, you're toast !' However, we will ask you to ftp up to our ftp site loads of dumps and traces which might prove useful.

Seriously though, ORA-0600 are mysteries. Your best chance is to get Tim Gorman to look at it, he has an amazing knowledge of these. And of course, Tim should not work for free either. (Tim, it was 10% commission we agreed on, right ? ) :-)

Ferenc Mantfeld

Author: Sinardy Xing
  INET: SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com