RE: Database/system Crashing

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:14:33 -0800

Val - I had a horrible problem using RMAN over NFS. Just hanging. Eventually it turned out that NFS was configured for only a few connections (I can't recall the exact term used). The assumption was that if we were only doing one thing, then that should be adequate. It turned out this needed to be increased. Hope that is some help.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com <mailto:dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com>

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: slee_at_dollar.com

Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com <http://www.fatcity.com>

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jan 06 2003 - 11:14:33 CST