Re: TNSNAMES.ora to LDAP/OiD conversion

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 07:38:36 -0800

Hello Rich

I test OID in version 9.2.0.1 with replication on windows systems and in the little test I did it worked fine. Since then we decided to go 9.2.0.2. So all goes down the drain and I am going to create a new OID with replication under 9.2.0.2.
I put an entry o=company under the root of the OID and created the Oracle context under it, with each DB a separate entry. I do not have so many databases that I need more then that.
BTW - if you want to access OID from 8.1.6 clients you must put the Oracle context under some entry, not on the root.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il