9.0.1.4 performance issues

From: John Weatherman <john.weatherman_at_replacements.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 10:43:50 -0800

All,

I recently did the 9.0.1.4 upgrade from 9.0.1.3 in our development (Solaris 8) instance. We are now seeing all sorts of REALLY bad performance effects. Subsecond querries are running 2 and 3 minutes. As near as I can tell, querries using order by and group by clauses now seem to prefer full table scans to index scans. Remove those clauses and the explain plan reverts to it's original form. Has anyone heard of or seen anything like this?

TIA, John P Weatherman
Oracle Database Administrator
Replacements, Ltd.

Author: John Weatherman
  INET: john.weatherman_at_replacements.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 03 2003 - 12:43:50 CST