Re: Centralized StatsPack Repository

From: Babu Nagarajan <orclbabu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 10:28:56 -0800

RE: Centralized StatsPack RepositoryRaj

I did this sometime back but later on somehow this went on to the backburner.. (I also had half-developed XL based interface to the central statspack data)

In the central repository create the set of tables that statspack uses to store data under user "central". Create individual schema's with different instance names (that you want monitored). Under each of the schemas

  1. create a db link with a dba user to the database that this schema monitors
  2. create private synonyms for all of the v$, dba* views that statspack queries using db links created above (create synonym v$session for sys.v$session_at_target_db)
  3. create private synonyms for all of the statspack tables to point to the "central" schema

Now when you schedule statspack.snap it will read from the target db and insert data into the "central" user...

Babu

  Hmmm... FAGC ??

  Jared, I am stumped ... I can't put these 2 & 2 together. I was planning on a new instance called "dbmon". One schema for each production database instance. Statspack will be installed for each schema and other monitoring scripts that we use internally.

  I am thinking of best ways to propogate datasets from individual databases to this central db.

  Could you explain more about (your idea on) how FAGC would be useful??

  Thanks in advance
  Raj

  Rajendra Jamadagni MIS, ESPN Inc.   Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com   Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.   QOTD: Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art!

Author: Babu Nagarajan
  INET: orclbabu_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 03 2003 - 12:28:56 CST