Looking for beta testers

From: mantfield <mantfield_at_connexus.net.au>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 17:28:47 -0800

Hi All

Happy new year to everyone. I am looking for a few (10 - 15) people to help me out with beta testing a product which will hopefully be released later this month, it is a one-button table unchainer.

As most of us may know, chained (migrated) rows where the row size is smaller than the block size, is a major performance drag as Oracle invokes several more logical IO's per row than it needs to. I have developed a utility (first one now ready for launch) that will take care of that, rendering the table with zero or close-to-zero chained rows at the click of a button. The utility is PL/SQL based (wrapped, of course) with a neat VB front end, so it does not run on UNIX yet, until sales volumes warrant the creation of a Java-based front end for it. But Windows 98, ME, 2000, NT, XP have all been tested OK. The product multi-threads and performs asynchronous (non-blocking) calls to the rdbms and allows multiple tables to be unchained simultaneously (if you have multiple CPU's). The utility runs on Oracle 8.1.x and up (tested vigorously on 9.2.0.1). More propaganda extolling the virtues of this product will be released shortly on my web site.

I have done some testing on the product, and am satisfied that it is ready, but I cannot hope to anticipate all of the problematic combinations of tables out there, so rather than deal with a string of support issues after release, I would prefer to beta test using the expert DBA community on this list. In exchange, you get a free license key to run the software (in its final released form) for the life of the DB. If you are interested, please email me privately at:
fmantfeld_at_solv-it.net and I can give you more detailed specifications and what does and does not run on this.

Thanks. Regards :

Ferenc Mantfeld

Author: mantfield
  INET: mantfield_at_connexus.net.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 02 2003 - 19:28:47 CST