Trace Assistant

From: Peter Barnett <regdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:43:48 -0800

Has anyone successfully used trace assistant on Windoze computers. I have tried to use it on client trace files from both Win2K and NT4.0 SP6 without success. The error message is completely useless and the error number returns no response from MetaLink.

The only recommendation I have seen is to edit the nsprecv and nspsend in the Hex returns to eliminate a space. I tried this without success.

The threads on MetaLink indicate that this is a real buggy app that is fixed in 9i. We are running 8.1.7 clients with no possibility of upgrade in the imediate future.

Of course, I can drudge through trace files as I have always done. Just hoping for a better way.

Pete Barnett
Lead Database Administrator
The Regence Group
pnbarne_at_regence.com

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Author: Peter Barnett
  INET: regdba_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 02 2003 - 18:43:48 CST