Re: Extremely Slow Query

From: Vladimir Begun <Vladimir.Begun_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:14:31 -0800

RAC/OPS? A guess: obj$ is a very popular table (and possibly RAC-caches-wide-spread one ;) -- some its blocks were not in the local cache. Does it take 2-3 mins everytime you launch the query? Probably somebody else is doing some manipulations with obj# actively creates/alters/drops objects?

Check related RAC statistics regarding to global cache and V$CACHE_TRANSFER. Probably it's not an obj$ but the wait and FTS look suspicious.

To speed up the query you might want to use user_types or write our own to avoid FTS.

--
Vladimir Begun
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Vladimir Begun INET: Vladimir.Begun_at_oracle.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).