RE: year 2059 problem

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:03:44 -0800

This is not true for all versions of VMS of 4.7+, whether on a 64-bit Alpha or 32-bit VAX. The standard VMS date is (was?) an 8-byte quadword whose value is relative to a base date of November 17, 1858 (Julian Day 2400000 -- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory's day "zero") and is accurate until the year 3000-somethingth or 4000-somethingth.

At that point, someone's going to finally have to reboot...

Enjoy! :)

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 02 2003 - 15:03:44 CST