what's the exact meaning of those messages?

From: Jim <accessbymail_at_21cn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:33:37 -0800

Hi,
I found the following message from the alert.log:

Sun Dec 29 22:35:42 2002
ARC0: Beginning to archive log# 3 seq# 126 ARC0: Failed to archive log# 3 seq# 126
Sun Dec 29 22:35:42 2002
ARCH: Completed archiving log# 3 seq# 126

It seemed the ARC didn't work in the begining of archive, but worked finally after a while, I got lots of those messages from alert.log file. what's the exact meaning of those messages? My Oracle is 8.1.7.3.0. and OS is aix 5.1

Thanks in advance.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡accessbymail_at_21cn.com

Author: Jim
  INET: accessbymail_at_21cn.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Dec 30 2002 - 01:33:37 CST