Re: 8.1.7 with *what* version of Portal??

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:33:57 -0800

Portal is part of iAS. iAS 1.0.2.X, preferably 1.0.2.2.2, runs Portal 3.0.9.X.X [base version 3.0.9.8.0]
against a database running 8.1.7.X

I'm not sure if iAS 2.x which has been renumbered to iAS 9.0.2 runs against 8.1.7. I believe it should.

To answer your question, you'd need to install Portal from iAS. This installs the Apache/Jserv, and
portal product files in the Apache ORACLE_HOME and Portal database schema into the database,
which should be running from a seperate ORACLE_HOME, even if on the same server.
Hemant

At 05:38 PM 27-12-02 -0800, you wrote:
>we have 8i (8.1.7.1) running at our shop and one of our developers wants
>to use WebDB (what I understand is now "Portal"). in checking OTN and
>other places, I can't figure out what version of Portal (or WebDB) I
>should be installing, nor where I can get it.
>
>can anyone tell me what version I should be trying to install, where I can
>get it and where any resources on installation and configuration might be
>located?
>
>it is my understanding that Portal is a collection of packages that work
>with our existing database and doesn't need anything extra. is that also
>truy? aside from the raw 8i database, will I need to install anything
>else (yes, we have apache running ok)?
>
>Deb
>Carbide Systems Group

>--