RE: Row Migration

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:23:46 -0800

Actually, I first learned that trick from a Connor posting on this list (maybe around 2 or 3 years ago?) It has to conform to the same key preserved rules that updateable views do since that's what it is, just an in-line view as opposed to an actual physical view. So supposedly it's been available since 7.x when updateable views came along (and in-line views). There is an example in the Data Warehousing Guide (I think that's the one) in the 8i documentation, though the example is wrong (it omits the FROM clause). Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool the first time I saw Connor post it.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net
214.954.1781