Re: LMT- Migrated tablespaces

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:48:40 -0800

IIRC, a 160m table would be in an LMT with 4m extents.

The 3 extent sizes recommended in the paper are 128k, 4m and 128m.

> 1) Create LMT Tablespaces with an extent size of 160k ? ( This is
> ignored by the import, tables will be one extent big)

Not so. If you create an LMT of the correct name for imp to import a table into, it will be created with the uniform size extents you specified at tablespace creation.

By 'correct name', I mean either a tablespace of the same name as the one the table was exported from, or the owners default tablespace is an LMT, and there is not a tablespace to match the name of that in the import file.

> 2) Reset the "next_extent" on my apps tables to 160k ?
> 3) Set pctincrease to 0 ? ( I think this is a given )

Both of these are invalid on an LMT.

HTH, Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com