Re: unable to create stored outline for sql inside a procedure --

From: Shaleen <shgarg_orafaq_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 13:13:52 -0800

Thanks Waleed. For the first time I have understood the reason behind this. Which is, "Larry shirked"!!

"The reason why roles are disabled in stored procedures is not due to the roles themselves, but has to do with the dependency model. If roles were enabled in stored procedures, Oracle would need to administer what roles are being used in each individual procedure. When a role changes or is deleted, Oracle would need to invalidate the procedure. This administration raises the complexity of this process to the nth degree and as such the decision was made to ignore roles. "

Thanks
Shaleen
Author: Shaleen
  INET: shgarg_orafaq_at_hotmail.com