RE: PMON seems to not close sessions in a timely manner eg "Max

From: Bob Metelsky <bmetelsky_at_cps92.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 07:43:40 -0800

> Does your app connect to the database using the listener or
> directly (BEQ) without specifying a connect string?
>
> It should connect using the listener and a connect string.
>
> Regards,
>
> Waleed

Waleed

Yes, it's a web application and uses a listener. The listener entry has not been modified. There was a vague reference in the MTS docs that eluded to using a special connection string. But I got the impression that you would use a special connection string *if* you wanted the abillity to chooose between direct connection or mts (shared).

In my case Id simply like to have all connections to use MTS.

Should I be using a special connection string or listener entry? If so where can I find some examples

Here is my asp application connection string (using the Oracle OLEDB provider wich is current)
Connect=Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;PLSQLRSet=1;Password=z;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=me;Data Source=mydb

Here is my traditional sql+ connection
username/password_at_instance

So, Im wondering what type of "special" connection string I'd need for mts (if that's the case)

Listener entry

    (SID_DESC =

      (GLOBAL_DBNAME =mydb)
      (ORACLE_HOME = C:\Oracle\Ora81)