Re: Can't connect to Oracle 8i server on Win 2K from client Win 98, 95

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:28:49 -0800

This is probably due to wrong tcp/ip address in tnsnames.ora or the server is on a separate network from the clients.

Try to ping with the address in the tnsnames.ora. If it does not work check the tcp/ip address or call the network administrator.
If it works try tnsping with the connection string from tnsnames.ora.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish