Re: db block Size for Indexes Tablespaces in 9.2 ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 08:49:17 -0800

Sorry,

It was a rhetorical question.

Detailed results come under the heading
of company confidential - generic results come under the heading of repetition.

You just have to list the set of point (see my earlier point) about why smaller or larger blocks MIGHT make a difference that you could expect to notice, then figure out if any of those points are relevant to your system, then devise a realistic test to find out if any hypothetical benefit turns into a real benefit.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Coming soon a new one-day tutorial: