RE: Indentifying Redundant Indexes

From: <John.Hallas_at_vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 04:13:59 -0800

Cary,
I assume that using stored outlines will achieve No 2 in your list. Would that not be an easier approach?
If you altered the system to have CREATE_STORED_OUTLINES=true and ran for a period when all scripts are likely to be run, say a month so that all month-end processing was completed, and then check the OUTLN.OL$HINTS.HINT_TEXT column with a query such as the following.

  1 select hint_text from outln.ol$hints   2* where substr(hint_text,1,5) = 'INDEX' SQL> / HINT_TEXT

INDEX(SIMPLE_PK_5M SIMPLE_PK) HTH John

Author: Mark Richard
  INET: mrichard_at_transurban.com.au

Author: Cary Millsap