RE: help me find out why rac instance died

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 05:33:36 -0800

Hi Chao:

THe Instance 2 in your Cluster (rac2) was dead during the fast reconfiguration (Check the reason in the alert log file.. which says reason 2). You generally do a reconfig (or fast reconfig) when you add/remove instances from the Cluster setup, which is not (I hope) in your case.

THere are some kernel events to trace the reconfigurations, and an underscore parameter (I think it is _imr_active !) to disable the 29740 usually not recommended.

For investigation , review the check point, LMON trace files and check the OS log files.

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan

Author: K Gopalakrishnan
  INET: kaygopal_at_yahoo.com