Re: Row cache locks on INSERTs with a sequence

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 01:49:14 -0800

On the information as supplied you are correct, the sequence does seem to be the most likely problem.

It has occurred to me, though, that the original poster showed us a couple of lines from v$session_wait - without showing the STATE (or is it STATUS) column.

It is a common error to assume that v$session_wait is showing a wait time - however if the STATE is __not__ "WAITING" then the SECONDS_IN_WAIT column is the time since the last wait ended. So perhaps the OP was seeing lots of 'latch wait' recorded as the previous wait whilst the system was busy burning CPU on something else.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Coming soon a new one-day tutorial: