standby crashed while opening readonly ora-604

From: Shaleen <shgarg_orafaq_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:20:39 -0800

All,

We have been opening our standby database readonly on alternate hours for reporting but today it suddenly crashed with following errors and now we can not open it read only. We are runnign 9013 on solaris7. Has anyone else experienced it?

Per oracle support there is a know bug 2399093 but they didn't divulge how we hit this bug suddenly after doing same operation 12 tims a day for 6 months.

Fri Dec 20 12:57:11 2002
Errors in file /opt/oracle/admin/wmprod/udump/wmprod_ora_17612.trc: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-16000: database open for read-only access Fri Dec 20 12:57:11 2002
Error 604 happened during db open, shutting down database USER: terminating instance due to error 604 Instance terminated by USER, pid = 17612 ORA-1092 signalled during: alter database open read only...

Thanks
Shaleen

Author: Shaleen
  INET: shgarg_orafaq_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 20 2002 - 14:20:39 CST