RE: Locally-managed temp tablespace question

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:38:55 -0800

Yes, this weird sizing with Tempfile...strange isn't it... ls shows accurately..

 On HPUX the bdf (or df in your case) doesn't register the  full size that is indicated what is supposed to be used by the tempfile.  We haven't found a solution for this yet.. we cant wait till a directory  fills and someone puts a datafile in the directory so the tempfile is  reduced. Apparently I have been told by others that only space will  shrink and you wont corrupt the files... but I dont like it.  I just updated my scripts to show the tempfiles separately so  I have a warning before I do any space change in the middle of the night.

 Note: I think although rm'ing the files..it seems to take unix a while to catch

       up and report its gone... I have had that several times.

       It creates fast..which is nice...since you have to do it manually if you

       do a restore with RMAN. A nice gotcha.

Brian Spears

Author: Guang Mei
  INET: zlmei_at_hotmail.com

Author: Spears, Brian
  INET: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 20 2002 - 13:38:55 CST