RE: Object relational features and performance

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:38:51 -0800

Jeremy - Our developers have received a lot of Java training, and if I understand what you are saying, we are planning to do exactly what you describe -- normalized data structures in Oracle and an abstraction layer for the Java programmers. Would you mind to send a UML diagram that describes this "EB + session facade pattern"? Are you doing the entire abstraction on the Java side, or are you calling Oracle stored procedures?

    On a more general note to everyone, does anyone know of a book that would be helpful for an Oracle DBA that is trying to master what is needed to support Java programmers or make decisions in the area of Java and Oracle?

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com