RE: password

From: Nick Wagner <Nick.Wagner_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:49:20 -0800

why isn't there a program available that can reverse engineer the code used to encrypt passwords...

if username XYZ always has password (encrypted) CBA, you think that it would be easy to figure out the pattern... once you have the pattern it's easy to go back and forth with the password and the encrypted password.

Author: Bill Buchan
  INET: wbuchan_at_uk.intasys.com

Author: Nick Wagner
  INET: Nick.Wagner_at_quest.com