RE: Oracle connection/listener/dispatcher stops allowing connecti

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:09:14 -0800

Lyndon

   I would look at the wait statistics to see what is happening inside Oracle. I would also look at the O.S. performance statistics to see what is happening underneath Oracle. Don't make any rash assumptions. Also, are any error messages or trace files generated?

   For me the funny story was a misunderstanding of the Unix "nice" value for an unfamiliar platform. Long story short, we wound up with batch running at a higher priority than interactive users. New users were shut out. Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Lyndon Tiu
  INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 20 2002 - 10:09:14 CST