Re: Oracle Portal resources

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:20:05 -0800

Patrice,
 Happy Holidays.
 What is the system you installed 9iAS on and what are the minimum system requirements you were able to get it working with? I am thinking of trying to load it on Linux RedHat 7.2 with 512 Meg ram but if I remember correctly the minimum requirements were for more ram and I don't have an extra chip right now. Maybe after we migrate from out Dell 6300 server with 1 GIG ram I can install Linux and 9iAS as a play station.
 From what I remember from the dog and pony shows, you can make it look like any other web site. It's all in how creative you choose to be. Ron

>>> BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca 12/20/02 08:54AM >>>
I was wondering if there are any resources on the 'net to help people customize Oracle Portal.

I went to the OTN portal center and http://portal.oracle.com <http://portal.oracle.com> etc., but not sure where to look.

Is it possible to configure Oracle Portal in such a way that it is hard to
tell that it is in fact Oracle Portal? I am wondering how much of its look
and feel is set in stone, and how much customization is possible.

This is not critical, I am just experimenting.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org