Re: Faking an ORA-600

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:39:19 -0800

"Ball, Terry" wrote:

> We are trying to test out monitoring software (on a test database at
> 8.1.6.3). We have been able to generate most of the errors that we want to
> monitor for, but have been unable to generate an ORA-600. Does anyone have
> a way of doing this?
>
> TIA.
>
> Terry Ball, DBA
> Birch Telecom
> Work: 816-300-1335
> FAX: 816-300-1800

Terry,

  Depends on how you do it. If it's by checking the alert log file, I presume that something such as

   execute sys.dbms_system.kdswrt(3, 'Errors in file blablah.trc:')    execute sys.dbms_system.kdswrt(3, 'ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [9999], [FAKED], [], [], []')

  should look alarming enough.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult