Re: Simple Query for Week number

From: <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:30:38 -0800

Thanks Yechiel. I missed that. That is a life saver.

                    "Yechiel
                    Adar"                To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <adar76_at_inter        cc:
                    .net.il>             Subject:     Re: Simple Query for Week number
                    Sent by:
                    root_at_fatcity.
                    com

                    December 19,
                    2002 01:52 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    ORACLE-L

Check out the date 19/11/2002. format 'W' return 3 instead of 4.

I wrote something to do this. It select the week day number of the current date,
the week day number of the first of the month and the current week. If week day of the first of the month is higher then the current week day Then add 1 to the current week.

SELECT CASE WHEN CUR_DAY < FIRST_DAY

    THEN CUR_WEEK + 1
    ELSE CUR_WEEK + 0
       END CASE
FROM
 (SELECT TO_CHAR(TO_DATE('07/12/2002','DD/MM/YYYY'),'D') CUR_DAY FROM DUAL),
(SELECT TO_CHAR( TO_DATE('01/' || to_char(last_day(TO_DATE

        ('07/12/2002','DD/MM/YYYY')),'MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY'),'D') FIRST_DAY
from dual) ,
(SELECT TO_CHAR(TO_DATE('07/12/2002','DD/MM/YYYY'),'W') CUR_WEEK FROM DUAL)
;

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar