Re: Footprint of 9i

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:09:27 -0800

When you say "footprint of 9i", my mind automatically flashes to the opening credits of Monty Python's Flying Circus, in which the "Liberty Bell March" is terminated with a large foot squashing down (*splat*)...

I'm not sure what type of systems you're running, but I haven't seen drives smaller than 18G much lately. Perhaps its time to upgrade to a SAN anyway? :-) 1G isn't all that much to ask (especially if your production systems are running in ARCHIVELOG mode), but your comments prove that point that "disk is cheap, until you try to justify the purchase of more"...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com