RE: slow query help

From: Nicoll, Iain <IAIN.D.NICOLL_at_saic.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:04:26 -0800

Raj,

I thought it would only do the union all if it was able to use an index and all the instr's look as though they'd stop that. Even then I thought it was generally just rule that would do that unless you used the use_concat hint.

I can't see why a full table scan of each wouldn't be fairly efficient unless the result set is only a small fraction of the total possible rows.

I may have missed some e-mails which make the above statements irrevelant, if so my apologies.

Iain

Author: Nicoll, Iain
  INET: IAIN.D.NICOLL_at_saic.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 18 2002 - 10:04:26 CST