RE: Stored procedure memory problem

From: Fink, Dan <Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:19:35 -0800

Venu,

        Another issue to be concerned about is the possibility of encountering an ORA-1555 error. This error may be triggered by a condition called 'Fetch Across Commits'. The cursor must maintain read consistency while it is open. If you are updating the source data and the undo entries are overwritten (assuming you commit periodically), then a read consistent version cannot be created. There are two docs/presentations to review. The first is 'Cats Dogs and ORA-01555' which is available at www.evdbt.com/papers.htm. The other is 'UNDO Internals' at www.optimaldba.com/library.html.

Dan Fink

Author: Fink, Dan
  INET: Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 18 2002 - 09:19:35 CST