Re: OAS 4.0.8.1 move

From: James Howerton <jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 05:49:05 -0800

Kurt,

If the ip address/hostname are not identical on the new box it won't run, you have to re-install it from cd. All of the network configs are hard coded during install and there is no way to change them. I went through this a couple of years ago when the SA changed the ip address to a 10 .10... on a dev box.

...JIM...
>>> Kurt.Wiegand_at_CWUSA.COM 12/18/02 5:43:42 AM >>>
I have a 4.0.8.1 Oracle Application Server implementation on a Solaris 2 .6
box
that I am trying to move to a new, presumably identical, box. We are moving
it
by simply copying all of the datafiles from one box to the other. We can
not
get it to start! If any one can offer a suggestion, it would be appreciated. Our
current problem (after issuing owsctl start) is:

Please wait while the command is being processed on host frog ... Starting ORB process...
waiting for ORB to be ready...
ORB is not responding. Please restart manually... OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb

processes can not be started.

there is an associated file, oasoorb674.out, which contains:

YDUT-1571, ydcnm.c 789: unexpected IDL:omg.org/CORBA/NO_PERMISSION:1.0 from
yocdii.c 720
YDUT-1571, ydcnm.c 493: unexpected IDL:omg.org/CORBA/NO_PERMISSION:1.0 from
yocdii.c 720
Init function of module ydn returned an error ERROR: load of module ydn failed

The only differences between the boxes are the IP and the 'name resolution'.
The source box
uses dns first but the target box resolves names locally first and then uses
dns. The nodenames
are the same.
owsctl start -nodemgr works
owsctl status -T works