RE: db block Size for Indexes Tablespaces in 9.2 ?

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:33:45 -0800

Hi Arup , List

Your point is Correct about High "buffer busy wait" Contention During Large OLTP Insert /Updates.

High "buffer busy wait" on Corresponding INDEX during INSERT Operations was Observed during our previous benchmark which overcame by Converting to REVERSE Index as the Field Value was Sequentially Increasing .

Following Article advocates HIGHER Block Size for Index , Strangely :-

http://www.tusc.com/oracle/download/author.html#loneyk

What may be the Commonly followed Best practice for DB_BLOCK_SIZE for Index Tablespaces in 9.2 ?

Thanks

Author: VIVEK_SHARMA
  INET: VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com