Re: password

From: Keith Moore <kmoore7_at_jcpenney.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:29:17 -0800

I don't know if 'crack' is the right word. It just tries words from the dictionary until it finds one that encrypts to the same value.

Keith

> Hmm...
>
> Well maybe you *can* crack oracle passwords.
>
> I've just ordered the full version of this product. ( $4, I don't
> think I need to bother the purchasing department ).
>
> I'll let you know how it works.
>
> Jared
>

> "Mark Leith" <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
> 12/17/2002 06:23 AM
> Please respond to ORACLE-L
>

> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> cc:
> Subject: RE: password
>

> Yes, you can do this, but it still doesn't tell you the users *current*
> password does it?
>
> Has anyone tried:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~adamshalon/oracle_password_cracker/
>
> ?
>
> Mark

faisalahmad4u_at_hotmail.com Fat City Network
> Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California --
Mailing list and web hosting services
> command for other information (like subscribing).

> INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Author: Keith Moore
  INET: kmoore7_at_jcpenney.com