RE: Syntax ? For MTS_DISPATCHERS [solved]

From: Bob Metelsky <bmetelsky_at_cps92.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:28:48 -0800

On offline suggestion seemd to have corrected the error

Apparently it was a combination of me removing

MTS_LISTENER_ADDRESS= ("1521") And removing the quotes from the sid
MTS_SERVICE="MYSID" The db started, I will begin querring the V$

Im wondering if I need MTS_LISTENER_ADDRESS= ("1521") ???

Also what are you huys using for a connection string ;-> ??? This is what the docs showed and what I have rite now althouigh Im getting a tns error....

[connect.bat]
SQLPLUSW bob/spiderman@\
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(NODE=myserver)\ (OBJECT=mts7)) (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=mysid))) Pause

Thanks!!
Bob

> I cant seem to get the syntax correct on the
> MTS_DISPATCHERS= in the initSID.ora It seems no matter what I
> use I get a
> ORA-00101: invalid specification for system parameter
> MTS_DISPATCHERS (last 2 lines) When I try to restart the db
> from svrmgrl
>
> Ive checkd all online docs and even copied and pasted the
> syntax to no avail
> http://storacle.princeton.edu:9001/oracle8-doc/server.805/a583
97/ch4.htm

As well as a thouro search of Google...

MTS_SERVICE="MYSID"
MTS_MAX_DISPATCHERS=20
MTS_MAX_SERVERS=20
MTS_LISTENER_ADDRESS= ("1521")

#MTS_SERVERS=5 #MTS_DISPATCHERS = "TCP, 2"
MTS_DISPATCHERS = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(DISPATCHERS=2)" If I comment the MTS_DISPATCHERS the db will start, left uncommented I get the 101 error

Thanks
bob

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com

command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com