Re: Dynamic select query

From: Arup Nanda <arupnanda_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:39:14 -0800

Ranganath,

You could use either

SELECT * FROM TAB1 WHERE INSTR(SHIP_NAME, SHIP_ID) > 0 or
SELECT * FROM TAB1 O FROM WHERE SHIP_NAME LIKE '%'||(SELECT SHIP_ID FROM TAB1 WHERE ROWID = O.ROWID)||'%' I did a test in my system; the INSTR approach was far better than the LIKE one. n the latter the response time was twice as much and consistent reads were 100 times as much.

HTH. Arup
Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: arupnanda_at_hotmail.com