Re: Oracle 8i/HP-UX,Solaris,Windows/Active Directory Question

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:23:38 -0800

I am currently busy with the same project. Junk tnsnames.ora for OID. I installed OID 9.2.0.1.
I then converted the tnsnames.ora to OID entries with no problems. I then tried to access the OID from 8.1.6 client and got zilch, nada, gurnisht etc. .
After Deborah from Oracle Israel came in she told me that I need to create the Oracle Context under an entry in the root and not in the OID root itself. After we did that 8.1.6 and 9.2.0.1 clients worked with OID version 9.2.0.1.

Still testing on my machine. After we solve the problem of replication and Failover (two OID servers with the client automatically switching from one to the other in case of failure (not clustering)) I will think about moving it to the users.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il