RE: Single-task message waits

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:44:35 -0800

After filing a TAR on this, Oracle Support says "It's Internal...out of user's control." The problem with that response is that the 75-minute process is spending 30 minutes waiting for "single-task message" according to my grep'ing and SQL*Loading of waits of the 10046 traces. Aside from that, I've got a 10-minute wait on "db file sequential read", which for various reasons, I think I'm stuck with. The 30 minutes isn't really that bad, except this load needs to run 24 times (one for each month in the past two years).

If I ever meet the genius who decided to bury key G/L data in a free-format CHAR column... :\

Rich

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com