RE: Oracle 9i installation - Basic Qs - HELP!

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 06:53:58 -0800

Is "clientip" the Unix server or or [Windows] client ?
If it is the Unix server, you need to run "xhost +<hostnameofmachineyouarerunningtherunInstalleron>"
e.g. if you have logged in to the Unix server through a
telnet session and set DISPLAY=client:0.0, prior to
do so, you must run "xhost +clientip" from your Unix server
X console.

If "clientip" is your Windows client, you must be running
Reflection X [or eXceed ?] on your PC --- I am talking of
the X-server program, not the telnet client.
Hemant

At 11:01 AM 10-12-02 -0800, you wrote:

Guys,

I followed the instructions but still got:
Xlib: connection to "clientip:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
xhost:  unable to open display "clientip:0.0"
I think I am missing one of the e-mails.  Tried running to root, changing exceed configuration (xfile).  Do I need to just do this at console?

Author: Hately, Mike (NESL-IT)
  INET: Mike.Hately@npowernorthern.com

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services

Hemant K Chitale
My web site page is :  http://hkchital.tripod.com

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Hemant K Chitale INET: hkchital@singnet.com.sg Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru@fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 08:53:58 CST