Re: Print command from PLSQL calling java stored procedure does not w

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:14:49 -0800

Shiva,

I think, your problem is not in using "print" command, but in using network devices. Batch file called from java stored procedure is executed using NT account being used by OracleService<SID>. Usually, OracleService<SID> runs under SYSTEM account, which can not have any "network" privileges whatsoever. The solution should be to run OracleService<SID> under some other NT account, which is granted privileges to use "network" devices.

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

  Gurus

  I am still struggling to print text files to a network printer. I have tried various options to issue a print command through batch file.

  my batch files are

  test1.bat
  print /d:\\myprinterserver\myprinter c:\myfolder\myfile.txt

  test2.bat
  net use lpt1: \\myprintserver\myprinter   print c:\myfolder\myfile.txt

  test3.bat
  copy c:\myfolder\myfile.txt lpt1:

  test4.bat
  type c:\myfolder\myfile.txt \\myprintserver\myprinter

  if I add another line "copy c:\myfolder\myfile.txt copied.txt" at the beginning to all the above batch files, the copy command works but not the print command.

  I am using oracle 8.1.7 on W2K. PLSQL procedure calls java stored procedure example of which is provided on oracle TechNet docid 165256.1. I have used other examples for JSP. they work for all dos shell commands except print.

  Any note, hint is appreciated.

  Thanks in advance

  Regards

  Shiva Baswannappa
  Senior Developer
  Digital Consulting and Software Services   Phone: 281.243.2658
  Fax: 281.243.2504
  Web: http://www.dcss.com

  If the reader of this e-mail is not an intended recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received. Thank you.

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 12:14:49 CST