Re:"Memory issues" on HPUX

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 06:18:53 -0800

We've used HP-UX for the last 10 years from 8.0 to 11i and Oracle 6.0 to 8.1.7.4 and soon 9.2. Our servers run 24x7x52 except when Mass electric has a OH HECK. No problems encountered with the basic UNIX kernel, although setting the initial memory parameters in the kernel does take an experienced person to do. The boilerplates that HP provides are pretty good, but do need some tweaking, like maxproc, and max memory per process (can't remember the parameter). Once set up they're kind of like large boulders in the computer room. They just sit there and do their jobs, reliably.

Dick Goulet

Author: hkchital <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date:       12/9/2002 10:08 PM

We are considering implementing a number of new products on HPUX. [We are currently running Tru64 and Solaris boxes but are now looking at HPUX for new applications]. The choice is between HPUX and Solaris.

The products will include
Oracle8i 8.1.7
Oracle9i 9.2.0
Oracle9iRAC
Documentum
Plumtree

Some of our vendors have put in a "FUD" factor -- "there are memory issues running on HPUX", without giving us any specifics.

Are there any well-known "Memory issues" / "Memory leaks" running Oracle on HPUX ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://hkchital.tripod.com

Author: hkchital
  INET: hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 08:18:53 CST