Oracle/PHP help neded

From: Adrian Ciocildau <adri_l_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 02:38:39 -0800

Hi !

I have a problem with an oracle "bulk insert" technology. I have to insert big amounts of data in an oracle database in one table and the only suitable
way is to have a PLSQL procedure on the server side and to create collection on the
server for the data.
The oracle client is PHP module for Apache.

The PLSQL procedure looks like:

       begin forall i in 1..10000
             insert into result_val ( rval, rtype ) values(:myval(i),
:mytype(i));
       end;

Before running the PLSQL procedure I am creating the data collections with OCINewCollection function from PHP and after this I'm binding the data with
the collections.

The problem is that procedure works 9 times out of 10. When it is working the data is inserted realy fast and everything is fine. When it is not working the php script runs fine and no error message is returned but the data
is not inserted.

I'm realy confused because no error message is returned and in order to detect the error I'm running
a count query after I run the PLSQL procedure to check if any data was inserted or not.

Please give me a hint how to figure out what is happening.

Best regards,

Adrian

Author: Adrian Ciocildau
  INET: adri_l_at_gmx.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Dec 09 2002 - 04:38:39 CST