RE: RMAN - GUI or CLI

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 06:44:16 -0800

Well i'm of the concept you can never depend on having the gui version.

so CLI is my choice, if you can do recovery by doing CLI then by all means use GUI if available, just dont be dependent on GUI as your only method of recovery.

Take for example:
  Does the OEM gui give you option to be able to extract out(manually using dbms_backup_restore.restorecontrolfileto) a backed up controlfile that the only place it is, is in a backup piece)? My guess is no way(i've not tested it though) as I'm trying to make sure i'm totally up to speed and can recovery from any disaster at the command line before even looking at the gui.

my 2 cents worth.

joe

Author: JOE TESTA
  INET: JTESTA_at_longaberger.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 06 2002 - 08:44:16 CST