Re: Any way to script or document jobs defined to the NT/MS2000 Task

From: <JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:54:51 -0800

Ron,

Saw your memo and fooled around with Task Scheduler a bit. All it is is Windows Explorer pointed at the Scheduled Tasks folder in Control Panel.

To back up your Scheduled Tasks, simply single click on one or more of them
(or use the Edit / Select All menu item, then de-select Add Scheduled
Task), then choose the Edit / Copy To Folder menu item. A single *.job file is created for each Scheduled Task in the target folder. You can then copy those files into another Server's or PC's Scheduled Tasks folder in Control Panel. Those copied-in Scheduled Tasks then appear in the target's Task Scheduler with all their info.

Glad you brought this up, since we have a Win2k server with LOTS of Scheduled Tasks. Now I know how to back them up. I just now followed the above procedure and now have all the Scheduled Tasks from that server in my own Task Scheduler on my PC.

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator
Austin Independent School District
Austin, Texas
512.414.9715 (wk)
512.935.5929 (pager)
JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu

                    "Smith, Ron
                    L."                  To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
                    <rlsmith_at_kmg.c        <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    om>                  cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Any way to script or document jobs
                    root_at_fatcity.c        defined to the NT/MS2000 Task
                    om

                    12/05/2002
                    08:24 AM
                    Please respond
                    to ORACLE-L

We have started using the NT/MS2000 Task Scheduler instead of the 'AT' command to schedule jobs.
I am concerned that if we lose the server we would lose the schedule and have to figure out how and
When all the batch jobs were scheduled.

Does anyone know a way to script or otherwise document jobs defined to the Task Scheduler?

R. Smith
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, distribution or copying of the message is prohibited. Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message. Thank you.

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

  INET: JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu