re RAC -- patches ---- was RE: Recipe for application design

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:43:56 -0800

Raj,

Could you list the patches you applied on top of 9.2.0.2  I've upgraded my test RAC environment
from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.2.
Hemant

At 05:48 AM 05-12-02 -0800, you wrote:

Boris,

the example I gave you is 9012 RAC and I have 5 other production systems that are 9202 RAC.  BTW remember if you have cluster_database is true, then no matter how many instances, you will see GC traffic and boy those numbers are crooked .. it is a generic problem hopefully there will be patch for it to fix the GC timing..

I think that advise should have been prefixed with something like ...
"Following statement is issued so that in case your application fails to scale contrary to our well publicized claim that RAC is extensible and scalable, we can always blame on your not-so-well-thought-rac-incompatible design. This way we will be safe and no one in media can blame us."

I am pretty sure it is hidden somewhere ...

BTW 9202 ... make sure you get all the patches ... this upgrade is a painful story (at-least for us).
Raj
Rajendra Jamadagni              MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.